The University offers a wide variety of training services to suit various kinds of persons ranging from pupils uncertain about their aspirations to mature, experienced specialists, scientists, scholars and teachers.
The University conducts training generally resulting in the following degrees: Bachelor’s, Engineer’s, Master’s and PhD.
In the framework of education in the Russian Federation there exist the following programs:
- Bachelor’s/ Engineer’s defined as primary education. Persons eligible for these programs must possess a secondary education certificate or a primary or secondary vocational education diploma.
Bachelor’s program duration is 4 - 4,5 years, while Engineer’s is 5 - 5,5 years. Upon completing Bachelor’s program, students are certified as a Bachelor and may continue training for a Master’s degree.
- Master’s defined as the second level of education. Persons eligible for this program must possess a Bachelor’s or Engineer’s degree.
Master’s program duration is 2 years. Upon completing the training, students are certified as a Master and may choose to continue training for a PhD.
- Postgraduate programs (PhD) defined as the third (final) level of tertiary education. Training is conducted according to postdoc programs lasting 3-4 years (depending on the area of research). Upon completing the training, students are to defend their theses and certified as a Doctor of Philosophy.
All modes of study are available at the university, in particular: full time, blended training including distant training.
Six-day working week is enforced at MIREA - Russian Technological University. Full-time students study from 9 am to 6 pm, blended learning students study from 6 pm to 9 pm.
A number of education programs are partly carried out by means of e-training via the internet. Learning materials, student’s guidebooks, tests, etc. are available via e-training provided by the university distant training center.
The University training system focuses on broad attraction of leading scientific centers and enterprises of knowledge-intensive branches of science and technology to the educational process.
At present the University has more than 50 strategic partner enterprises that house base chairs where students major in special disciplines, take traineeship and externship programs, do research for course papers and theses.
The University training is based on the innovative principle of combination of junior students’ fundamental training, which exceeds standard levels of a typical engineering higher education institution, with senior students’ training in future workplaces. Such training is provided by leading scientists and specialists from major scientific institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences and industrial enterprises which have become the University strategic partners (base enterprises).
Among strategic partners of the University are:
Russian Research Institute of Optic-Physical Metrology (Federal State Unitary Enterprise VNIIOFI)
- Prokhorov General Physics Institute (GPI RAS)
Institute of Informatics Problems of Russian Academy of Sciences (IPI RAN)
V.A. Trapeznikov Institute of Control Sciences of Russian Academy of Sciences (ICS RAS)
I.S. Bruk Institute of Electronic Control Machinery (OJSC I.S. Bruk INEUM)
Infromsvyaz Holding (CJSC Infromsvyaz Holding)
Joint Supercomputer Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences (JSC RAS)
International Center of Informatics and Electronics (ICIE)
Research Institute ”Voskhod” (Federal State Unitary Enterprise RI “Voskhod”)
Research Institute of Distant Radio Communication (OJSC NPK NIIDAR)
M. A. Kartsev Research Institute (OJSC NIIVK of M. A. Kartsev)
Research Center “Kurchatovsky Institute” (RC “Kurchatov Institute”)
- A.I. Shokin Scientific and Production Enterprise ”Istok” (OJSC NPP Istok)
- Scientific and Technical Assosiation “IRE-Polyus” (OJSC NTO IRE-Polyus)
- Scientific and Technological Center "Kosmonit"
- OJSC Russian Space Systems (STC "Kosmonit") of the Award of the Labour Red Banner Research Institute of Automatic Equipment of V. S. Semenikhin (OJSC NIIAA)
- Dmitry Rogachyov Federal Scientific Clinical Center of Children's Hematology, Oncology and Immunology of Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (Federal State Budget Institution FNKTs DGOI of Dmitriy Rogachyov of the Russian Ministry of Health) and others.
The base chairs are usually managed by the heads of the enterprises and organizations which house the chairs. Training is provided by the leading scientists and the division heads of these enterprises.