In the course of training, students receive theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the organization, planning and management of on-going pharmaceutical, chemical-pharmaceutical, biotechnological processes, and chemical production.
The program provides for the development of skills for working with academic documentation and technical specifications and regulations for the production of pharmaceutical substances and finished dosage forms; conducting of pharmaceutical and chemical-pharmaceutical processes and industries in conformity with legal and regulatory national and international acts; organization and implementation of quality control of raw materials, semi- and finished products. Due to the organized specialized departments at the University, students can take practical training courses and internships at industrial facilities of partner organizations.
The topics of the master’s theses are both of academic and practical significance and are done on the request of partner enterprises under the guidance of experienced faculty members of the department. Thus, starting from the first year, students have a chance to interact with potential employers while engaged in current research.
Professions that a graduate can choose
- process engineers (biotechnologists)
- registration specialists
- specialists in pharmaceutical production validation
- specialists in the organization of scientific research
- specialists of the quality control department
- Life cycle of a medicinal product
- Medicines quality assurance system
- Technology of finished dosage forms
- Validation of pharmaceutical production
- Formulation development
- Preclinical research and clinical trials
- Legal acts and regulations for the creation and organization of medicinal drug production
- Fundamentals of drug production organization
- Microbiology and industrial sanitation in pharmaceutical production
- API production technologies
- Standardization of raw materials of plant origin
- Standardization and quality control of medicines
Department of Biotechnology and Industrial Pharmacy