From 1 to 6 July, MIREA – Russian Technological University held on the Zoom platform the XXIV New in Magnetism and Magnetic Materials International Conference (HMMM-2021).
The conference was organized by the Physics of magnetic films and small particles subsection of the Magnetism section of the Physics of Condensed Matter Scientific Council of the Russian Academy of Sciences in collaboration with MIREA – Russian Technological University (RTU MIREA), Department of Physics of Lomonosov Moscow State University, and the Magnetic Society of Russia (MAGO).
Chairperson of the Organizing Committee – A.S. Sigov, Academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, President of RTU MIREA, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
Deputy Chairperson of the Organizing Committee – A.N. Yurasov, Deputy Director of the Institute of Physics and Technology, Professor of the Department of Nanoelectronics, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
Scientific Secretary – A.P. Pyatakov, Professor of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
At the Conference, 237 presentations were made, and the number of participants reached almost 1,000 people.
The conference had 16 working sections:
1. New magnetic and related materials: synthesis and physical properties. Chairpersons: N.S. Perov, V.V. Rodionova.
2. Processes of magnetization and magnetization reversal.
Chairpersons: N.G. Chechenin and A.P. Pyatakov.
3. Micromagnetism and domain structure.
Chairpersons: K.A. Zvezdin and N.A. Usov.
4. Dynamic processes in magnets.
Chairperson: A.M. Kalashnikov.
5. Elementary excitations and wave processes in magnets.
Chairpersons: S.A. Nikitov and A.L. Rakhmanov.
6. Resonant phenomena in magnets.
Chairpersons: N.E. Syriev, A.A. Mukhin, V.S. Rusakov.
7. Kinetic effects in magnets.
Chairperson: A.B. Granovsky.
8. Magnetic phase transitions and critical phenomena.
Chairpersons: A.K. Murtazaev and A.P. Pyatakov.
9. Magnetic films and multilayer structures.
Chairperson: Yu.E. Kalinin and A.N. Yurasov.
10. Small magnetic particles.
Chairperson: T.Yu. Kiseleva.
11. Magnetic nanostructures.
Chairpersons: A.A. Fraerman and A.N. Yurasov.
12. Magneto-optics and photomagnetism.
Chairpersons: E.E. Shalygina and E.A. Ganshin.
13. Magnetoelectric phenomena.
Chairpersons: Yu.K. Fetisov and L.Yu. Fetisov.
14. Teaching in the Magnetism and Magnetic Materials sections in higher education.
Chairperson: V.N. Prudnikov.
Chairperson: A.V. Bear.
Chairperson: G.V. Courland.
The plenary key-note presentations of the leading scientists-magnetologists set the tune for the whole conference:
Ultrafast magneto-optics of structures with a spin-reorientation transition. V.L. Preobrazhensky, E.D. Mishina, A.S. Sigov.
- Opto-agnon effects in magnetic dielectric crystals and nanostructures. V.I. Belotelov.
- Dielectric magnonics – from gigahertz to terahertz. S.A. Nikitov.
- Superfast magnetism of antiferromagnets. A.V. Kimel.
- Creation of magnetic structures with a chiral distribution of magnetization, their properties. A.A. Fraerman.
- Ferromagnetic microwires as sensory and control systems for applications in biomedicine. L.V. Panin.
- Magnetoelectric devices of electronics and informatics based on multiferroid heterostructures. Yu.K. Fetisov.
- Magnetic properties of new multiferroics of the langasite family at normal and high pressure. I.S. Lyubutin.
The collection of proceedings of the conference is planned for publication in the RSCI.
The best presentations will be published in the Physics of Metals and Metal Science journals and Izvestiya RAN (RAS Information Bulletin). Physical series (these editions will publish special issues with the presentations of the Conference), and the most prominent ones will be referred for publication in the Solid State Physics journal and other leading scientific publications.
More detailed information about the conference can be found on the website.