European Association of Research Managers and Administrators – EARMA
Since 2014 RTU MIREA is a full member of EARMA. Members of this association are both technical universities and research organizations, and famous experts specializing in management of scientific research.
EARMA represents the community of Research Managers and Administrators (RM&As) in Europe. Its members work in industry, academia, public and private sectors. The Association works with the EU Commission, national and international funding agencies. EARMA provides a networking forum, a learning platform, and a place to share experiences and best practice among RM&As throughout EARMA and in the wider RM&A community.
EARMA is an active member of the wider international RM&A community and is a founding member of the International Network of Research Management Societies (INORMS)
The aims of EARMA are:
- formation of the interface between research funding organizations and scientific community;
- bridging cultural and legal differences between countries, and between academia and industry;
- contribution to policy consultations;
- management of smooth running of research projects;
- creation of opportunities for an exchange of the best practices and experience;
- increasing in appeal of the status of the research supervisor and manager in Europe;
- assistance to new international contacts at the European level encouraging cooperation and initiatives from the similar national and international organizations.
The T.I.M.E. Association
Top Industrial Managers for Europe
Since 2004 RTU MIREA is a full member of the T.I.M.E. Association. Among members of this international association there are more than 54 leading technical universities of Europe including four Russian universities as well as universities of Brazil, China and Japan.
The aims of the T.I.M.E. Association are:
- training of intercultural, adaptable and mobile international engineers with Double Degrees;
- development of bilateral agreements between universities;
- assistance to students exchange between member universities in the field of training and carrying out scientific research as well as involvement of representatives of universities and professors for stimulation of participation in this association;
- exchange of information about implementation of Double Degree programs and search of solutions of the problems caused by standard restrictions which can interfere with the enrolment procedures and qualification conferment;
- simplification of contacts with universities which do not meet the organization requirements owing to their internal features or geographical position.
The most important activities of the Association are organization of training according to Double Degree Programs, assistance to academic mobility and improvement of education quality. T.I.M.E. partner universities develop Double Degree programs and conclude bilateral agreements on the basis of which the exchange of students is carried out. Duration of programs varies from 2 to 4 semesters, depending on the terms of the agreement with a particular partner university of the T.I.M.E. Association. Upon completion of training and successful examination the graduate gains the Russian Degree of RTU MIREA and the Degree of the foreign university where he has been trained for two years.
To learn more about Double Degree programs of the T.I.M.E. Association, address the Department of International Relations of RTU MIREA.
List of technical universities, members of the T.I.M.E Association: https://www.time-association.org/membership/list/
Association of Sino-Russian Technical Universities
The Association of Sino-Russian Technical Universities (ASRTU) is a non-governmental organization composed by leading engineering universities of China and Russia. It was set up in 2011 and at present the Association unites more than 40 leading universities of China and Russia.
The aims of ASRTU are:
- assembling Sino-Russian leading technical universities, foster personnel of high quality:
- promotion of Sino-Russian talents communication and scientific cooperation, and accelerate mutual development of innovative economy;
- carrying out comparative study on Sino-Russian engineering education, lay the foundations for the development of cooperation between member universities and engineering education of two countries;
- development of the unified education space by member universities to realize resources sharing, mutual recognition of diploma and credits, accelerate the development of multiplicity of education;
- attraction of funds and material support from government, social communities, public and private companies to improve the engineering talents’ education system;
- improvement of the influence of engineering education and technology, and turn universities into key center of culture, education and research;
- development of culture and language exchanges between two countries to promote extremely mutual understanding and cooperation between Sino-Russian students, professors and researchers;
- promotion of combination of industry, academic studies and scientific research;
- assistance and support to member universities in certification designation of various education items offered by international institutions.
International Association of Universities
Since 2004 RTU MIREA is a full member of the International Association of Universities. Members of this association are 592 institutions of higher education from various regions of the world whоse main objective is directed at creation and dissemination of knowledge.
Founded in 1950, under the auspices of UNESCO, the International Association of Universities (IAU) is the leading global association of higher education institutions and organizations from around the world. IAU brings together its universities, other higher education institutions and their associations, from more than 130 countries for reflection and action on common priorities. It acts as the voice of higher education to UNESCO and other international higher education organizations, and provides a global forum for leaders of institutions and associations to discuss, reflect, and take action on issues of shared interest.
IAU upholds the values of academic freedom and institutional autonomy, while promoting greater accountability. It promotes institutional effectiveness, and the ideal of knowledge made accessible to all through collaboration and improved access to higher education.
The aims of IAU are:
- contribution to the development of knowledge, higher education and research in the public interest;
- strengthening of academic solidarity and promote cooperation rather than competition;
- upholding the fundamental principles for which every university should stand the right to pursue knowledge for its own sake and to promote and uphold the tolerance of divergent opinion and freedom from political inference;
- promotion of equitable access, success and equal opportunities for students, researchers, faculty and staff;
- encouragement of the pursuit of diversity and quality while respecting cultural differences.
Collective Security Treaty Organization
The University League of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) is a new international association set up on April 22, 2014 within the Fifth Euroasian Economic Forum of Youth "Dialogue of Civilizations: Green Economy" in Yekaterinburg. The agreement was signed by 25 educational institutions and organizations of Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Armenia, Belarus. Each member university of the CSTO University League is assigned to a particular field of activities. Our university is responsible for information security. CSTO is a military-political union created by a number of Euroasian states on the basis of the Collective Security Treaty signed on May 15, 1992. At different times the org anization included from six to nine countries. At present the union includes Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia and Tajikistan. Since April, 2013 Serbia and Afghanistan have become the states observers of CSTO.
The League works at the formation of innovative safety clusters, consolidation of intellectual forces and coordination of actions of universities, scientific institutions, enterprises, structures, institutes of civil society and other organizations connected with ensuring food, energy, information, financial, raw security and life and culture safety of the population of the member states of CSTO.
The aims of the League are:
- planning and organization of joint activity of the universities of the member states of CSTO;
- organization of public and scientific examination of large projects in the field of geopolitics, economy and technology, development of recommendations and proposal of projects, concepts and programs to the executive bodies of CSTO;
- development of actions and strategy of the coordinated information policy in the interests of the member states of CSTO;
- creation of mechanisms and means of counteraction to risks and threats;
- support and strengthening of the intellectual Movement of the Euroasian youth, creation of the international coordinating body of the Youth Euroasian Movement;
- interchange by teachers and students by analogy with other international programs, creation and providing the Euroasian program of exchanges;
- system organization of international scientific, social-political and cultural and educational activity with the use of global communicative systems;
- information and analytical support of decisions of the heads of the member states of CSTO;
- other tasks following from agreements concluded between the parties.
International scientific and educational cooperation is the most important component of the general development strategy of the University. This activity is carried out within programs of cooperation with leading foreign higher education institutions by the implementation of joint research work, holding of conferences and practical seminars, exchange of teaching staff and development of students’ mobility.
At present the University has close links with more than 40 universities, institutes, schools and companies from 27 countries.
The University is a member of the international associations:
• Top Industrial Managers for Europe Association;
• Association of Sino-Russian Technical Universities;
• International Association of Universities;
• European Association of Research Managers and Administrators;
• University League of Collective Security Treaty Organization.
Within the international scientific cooperation there are created joint educational and scientific departments, joint scientific research is carried out at the University.
One of the key directions of the international cooperation is the development of academic mobility:
• development and realization of joint educational programs directed at providing students with the possibility of training at foreign higher education institutions, and also obtaining two diplomas — of RTU MIREA and of a foreign partner university;
• leading professors and teachers’ exchange with foreign partner higher education institutions for the purpose of lecturing, holding master classes, and participating in joint scientific research.