Research and development (R&D) of the University is carried out within the framework of the priority areas mapped out for the development of science and technology and approved by the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation of 07.07.2011, No. 899, with amendments and amplifications of 16.12.2015, No. 623
information and telecommunication systems,
transport and space systems,
energy efficiency, energy-saving, and nuclear power.
Research and innovative activity of the University is aimed at creating programs, materials, products and technologies in such areas as:
- intelligent control systems, the area based on which research relating to the development of principles of construction, algorithmic programming and software of intelligent control systems for complex dynamic objects is conducted;
- information and telecommunication systems;
- micro and nanoelectronics;
- quantum electronics and electrodynamics;
- nanomaterials and nanotechnology;
- biotechnology in the development of biologically active compounds and medicinal drugs;
- materials science and engineering;
- development of renewable energy sources;
- research on quantum nucleonics and their applicability to new sources of short-wave radiation.
- materials for monolithic photon integrated circuits. two-photon microscopy-spectroscopy of ferroelectric, organic and semiconductor nanostructures.
- physics and chemistry of condensed matter;
- theory and practice of distance learning;
- automated energy saving control systems;
- information technology in instrument making;
- Information technology in mechanical engineering;
- Mechatronics, robotic systems and complexes.