At the end of 2021, the qualifying tests of the Eurasian competition in the field of information and communication technologies Huawei Cup 2021 were completed. Among more than 20,000 unique participants who had the opportunity to compete in any number of six categories of the competition and represented more than 500 educational institutions, 120 finalists were determined who showed the best results in the two qualifying rounds.
The most popular areas of the competition in 2021 in terms of the number of participants were:
- IP – technologies and protocols of IP networks (10,116 people and 20 finalists).
- AI – models and methods of artificial intelligence (9,981 people and 20 finalists).
- APP – designing mobile applications (9,740 people and 22 finalists).
The competition was also held in the nominations Storage (20 finalists), 5G (20 finalists) and ICT Observer (eight finalists).
Among the finalists of the competition we were happy to see three students of RTU MIREA:
- Alex Alam Khondker, master-student of the Institute of Information Technologies - in the APP nomination.
- Egor Andreevich Gridasov, undergraduate student at the Institute of Information Technologies, in the Storage nomination.
- Ekaterina Sergeevna Zubareva, undergraduate student at the Institute of Cybersecurity and Digital Technologies, in the ICT Observer nomination.
The final competitions will take place in March. We wish success to our finalists!