International Associated Laboratory (IAL)
Laboratorie International Associé (LIA)
Critical and supercritical phenomena in functional electronics, acoustics, fluidics
(Laboratorie international associe des phenomenes critigues et supercritigues en electronigue, acoustique et fluidigue - pics)
The LIA LICS laboratory is the result of more than sixteen years' scientific cooperation organized in 1996 by Electronics, Microelectronics and Nanotechnologies Institute and Lille Higher Central School on the French side and Wave Researches Scientific Center of A.M. Prokhorov General Physics Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences on the Russian side.
• Wave Researches Scientific Center of A.M. Prokhorov General Physics Institute of Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow);
• V. A. Kotelnikov Institute of Radio Engineering and Electronics of Russian Academy of Sciences (Moscow);
• Institutes of Cybernetics and Electronics of Moscow State Technical University of Radio Engineering, Electronics and Automation (Moscow);
• Electronic Equipment Faculty of Mordovian State National Research University (Saransk);
• Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Moscow);
• Physics Faculty of Taurida National University of V. I. Vernadsky (Simferopol);
• Electronics, Microelectronics and Nanotechnology Institute (Institut d’Électronigue, de Microélectronique et de Nanotechnologie);
• Lille Scientific and Technological University 1 (Université des Sciences et Technologies de Lille 1);
• Higher Institute of Electronics and Digital Equipment
• (Institut supérieur d’électronigue et du numérique);
• Valensyen and Henon-Kambrezi University
• (Université de Valenciennes et du Hainaut Cambresis);
• Lille Higher Central School (Ecole Centrale de Lille).
• Ukraine State Foundation for Basic Research.
The cooperation was originally focused on the sphere of nonlinear magnetoacoustics of condensed mediums and its applications in the field of ultrasound. In 2004 the cooperation was issued in the form of the European laboratory of nonlinear magnetoacoustics of condensed environments (LIA LEMAC). The research area covered nonlinear acoustoscopy on the basis of the parametrical circulation of the wave front and magnetomechanical microsystems (MMMS). New partners began to be involved in the cooperation, such as MGTU MIREA and Taurida National University. Later, the laboratory was transformed into the International associated laboratory (LIA LEMAC) whose activity in the field of microsystems was extended to microfluidics and active nanostructured films and multiferroics.
On the basis of the analysis of the current state and prospects of development in the field of joint activity a new project of the International associated laboratory of the critical and supercritical phenomena in functional electronics, acoustics and fluidics (LIA LICS) was started by the partner Institutions in 2013.
This project is devoted to the research in static, quasistatic and dynamic critical and supercritical phenomena in multidisciplinary areas of functional electronics, ultrasonic equipment and microfluidics. The research is focused on fundamental properties of related nonlinear systems in the field of equilibrium and nonequilibrium phase transitions in terms of the specified applications. Considering the industrial and innovative potential of the research, three directions of collaboration are defined:
• Multistable and bezonny micro and nanostructures;
• Materials in critical conditions, composites and soft structures;
• Functional microfluidics and dynamics of contact surfaces.