The program trains specialists in the development and operation of modern precision technologies in fiber optics, opto-electronics and precision instrument manufacture for science-based enterprises and organizations in the electronic and instrument-making industries, the aerospace and military-industrial complexes.
Students of the program master the skills required to manage high-technology optical and opto-electronic system projects, to formulate the objectives of optical engineering research, to choose the best methods and hardware for experimental studies and measurements, to process their results, to develop fiber-optic, laser-cutting and optical material treatment techniques.
Students acquire these skills using modern equipment in the Fiber Optics Laboratory, Optical Materials and Measurements Laboratory, Special Polymer Composites Laboratory and others. They gain hands-on work experience during industrial internship followed by permanent employment at optical and electronic industry enterprises.
Alumni can be employed as
- technology engineer
- design engineer
- research engineer
- Modern problems in opto-electronics
- Laser optics
- Modern opto-electronic component technologies
- Physical fundamentals of micro and opto-electronics
- Current status and trends of fiber-optics
- Modern aspherical optics processing and control technologies
- Leading-edge crystal processing technologies
- Optical research methods and instruments
Department of Optical and Biotechnical Systems and Technologies