Immersive Technologies Laboratory
The laboratory was created to unlock the potential of immersion for operators in augmented reality environments (virtual, augmented, and mixed), and to teach individual and/or group actions in simulated environments.
Post-graduates, undergraduates and graduates of the IT Institute have access to the laboratory where they are engaged in developing environments and applications of augmented reality, analyzing different aspects of applying these technologies in production, design, education, research, and various creative activities.
The equipment listed below is available in the laboratory:
• virtual reality devices - Oculus Quest, HTC Vive Pro Eye, HTC Vive Cosmos;
• augmented reality devices - Epson Moverio Pro BT-2200, ODG R-7;
• mixed reality devices - Magic Leap One and Microsoft HoloLens 2;
• laptop computers in the form of Zotac VR Go 2.0 backpacks;
• TACTOT tactile suits with arm and leg armor;
• a stand for simultaneous work of up to four operators.
The available equipment will allow one or several operators to get immersed in any mixed reality environment with the use of their own visual perception and the reconstruction of physical sensations via the body and limbs exposure to the external effects.